Hello....
Not much new again but I am online so thought I'd write.
I Woke up this morning to Chris sauntering in the room at 4:30. He found a party at a bar with a bonfire. I woke up again at 7:30 and decided to search for the shower. I found it, well what i thought was it and stood in the doorway, looking for water or a tap or anything!
A kid walked by and asked if I was looking for water. Hmm, "yes" I asked, "where is the tap?"
"No tap" he said, "follow me." So he led me to a well with a pulley, so i had to fill the bucket and then carry it back to the bathroom and shower with the bucket. Good times!! haha. Its really not so bad, I didn't believe it til I tried it though.
I had a relaxing morning, reading and having fruit salad andChai, I sat on the beach for a couple hours and then Chris woke up. We ate lunch, and then sat on the beach til the sun went down (6:30) and then ate supper. Nice day huh? sitting and eating!
I finished supper today and asked the man where the toilet was. "follow me" I got again, and "bring flashlight" so I followed him and he led me into an open field and said "just go". I waved my flashlight around and said" anywhere??" "yup" he said! so when in India do as the Indians! haha, interesting i tell you.
Now you must have the impression that we are in quite the place. Its actually really nice. There are only a handful of resaurants and guesthouses. They have very basic rooms, but its so peaceful here, I could hear the ocean from our room. The beach today was almost empty. I'm sure there are only about 80 people here, but its nice for once, to not have so many people around. This morning when I was on the beach there were about 15 people spread out over a the entire beach, no one was around me. Actually it was funny, a cow sauntered right up to me, had a sniff and then walked to the next group of people.
Tomorrow we're going to walk to another beach about 15 or 20 minute walk from here. We'll check it out for the day. Hopefully we'll have another lazy day like today!
Talk to you all soon,
Leave me some comments, I want to know whos reading the blog!
16 comments:
hey laura it is patty. i have followed your blog ever since krista emailed it to me. i have really enjoyed it and look each day to see what is new!! sounds like an amazing trip, although i must say i have never thought of myself as a princess but the crappy showers and odd bathrooms would be to much for me i think!! have fun and say safe. take care patty
hey cuz we have been enjoying your trip!!wish we could be there to too!!sound like good times.love kelly,jody,noah,emily
I talked to you on MSN already today but i must say..you REALLY should have told the story about the dog..in the restaurant. it was a good one!! see you in a week!!
krista oxoxoxoxo
hi Krista, that story could not be told. This is a family blog and I have no way to censor it! haha
Hi laura and chris. Sounds like your trip is fun and interesting. its fun to read your blogs. and now im wondering about the dog story...but u will have to tell me later. Have fun see ya
Kelsey
Hey Laura. It souds amazing. Nothing like the love it or hate it India. The tea field was so beautiful, I think I showed it to everyone in my studio and then we all sighed and had to get back to work. Your trip is getting me excited for Turkey. Soak up the beach(it was -29 yesterday) and the tea and the food..
see you soon. love leanne
I want to hear about the dog toooooo
George B.
Me toooooooooooooo
Jeb B.
HI, Laura & Chris
We're really enjoying your adventure and the pictures. Can't wait to hear more when you get home. Have a safe trip.
Love Aunty Barb & Uncle Bill
Hi again Laura & Chris
I forgot to tell you Grandma Joan is enjoying your adventures also.
Luv, Aunty Barb.
Hi Laura and Chris,
I looove reading this...you have the funniest stories and I can't wait to hear more when you get home..and see more pictures!
-Teresa
p.s the house burnt down ;)
laura and chris. do you need me to pick you up from the airport? i guess you can stay with me since your house burnt down.
send me your info. see you soon.
Leanne
FamlyShmamly----we want the dog story! HA! HA! ( providing you didn't eat it- that may disturb a few! ) But that's more in Asia I think! Well the sun's finally shining a bit...most of the snow just may be gone by the time you're back! Jill
Hey Laura and Chris
Am also loving the blog, and have been checking in regularly! And me too, I want to hear the dog story! Hope you have a safe rest of your journey!!
Deanna
I clearly should not have mentioned the dog story..it was funny!! i hope you guys don't have to live on the mean streets of winnipeg..since your house burnt down..talk to you tomorrow when you get home!!!
xoxoxoxo
Hey Laura! I've been lovin' the blog, it's so interesting. I definately enjoy your humorous stories and awsome pics. Take care out there...
Elaina
Post a Comment