Saturday, February 28, 2009

A few more pics!

I thought I would put some pictures to go with Chris´s post from yesterday! I am too lazy to write anything, but we are having fun! We are possibly leaving the beach tomorrow morning, and heading to a town west of Quito, called Mindo. Or we may head to another beach town. I fly home on Friday, so we have to slowly head back. We are a 12 hour bus ride away as of tonight. Enjoy the new pictures!
2 of the 12 or so waterfalls in Baños. We rode the cable car over the river. It was thrilling.


Going through a tunnel on the waterfall tour, everyone got sprayed with foam.
Cute little parrot in Montañita. Looks like he is losing feathers! Maybe he has the bird flu Jen!
Relaxing in Puerto Lopez
The reason I am in Ecuador. Fresh squeezed blackberry goodness! This one is for you Nancy!
The morning we arrived in the fishing town Puerto Lopez. The fishermen were bringing in their fish, and the birds were waiting for anything that would fall. Or the sneaky ones would just swoop down to the basket and steal fish.

Pictures taken from the boat on our tour with ¨Winston Churchill¨!
Bananas galore!

Chris´s dream woman.

Little crab posing with me on the beach!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh! New profile pic! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! I haven't been on here in a while so I had LOTS to read. I'm looking forward to more.
It's good to hear that you guys are having fun.
I find it amazing how you guys really take the time to experience life in the places you travel. I myself would hide in a resort somewhere to scared to leave the gaurded areas, lol so good for you! Great picts. too by the way, I especially like the ones you took while on your boat tour. Well take care you two enjoy the rest of your voyage and have a safe trip home. Shalene

Leanne Muir said...

did you eat the crab for dinner? it sure would have been a good deal...jk!

interestingly, superstore was out of bananas the same day you posted these pictures...hummm.


see you soon.lm

Anonymous said...

I'd friggin lose it with all those birds around...I have goosebumps just looking at the pictures!

I love all the pictures though!

Laura and Chris said...

Yes Danielle you would have lost it. They were flying pretty close to your heads!

And no Leanne, sadly no crab on the menu. I guess I could have speared that little guy and look him somewhere to get cooked! haha.