We got to the airport at 5:00, just in time to get our baggage checked in and to change and freshen up a bit, when we looked at the board and realized our first flight had been cancelled. CRAP. Now what, it was all sounding a bit too familiar as I was thinking about 3 weeks ago when I left for this trip. We let Gulf Air staff worry about us, I was nice and calm, actually secretly hoping we would have to stay longer! I over heard them talking about getting us a hotel and putting us on a morning flight. They ended up finding us another flight on another airline at 7:00pm. So we raced to that flight. We ended up flying Mumbai-Dubai-Bahrain-London-Toronto-Winnipeg. Let me tell you, its been a long day, and as I sit here and type this, I still don't know where our luggage is. We had one piece out of 3 in Toronto, and somehow, in WInnipeg we arrived with none. They think 2 are in London and one is still in Toronto somewhere, so hopefully tomorrow we will get it couriered to us. All I know for sure is they gave me a tracking number, and the call center is in Mumbai. What are the chances of that! Haha
I must say, I had a great trip. I was panicked and worried for nothing. Chris was right though, I needed my patience. The people of India are wonderful, it was a great trip and I would love to go again one day.
I am going to bed now. I have had a hot shower for the first time in 3 weeks, looked in the mirror for the 1 time in a while and realized that I have a wicked tan, and I am going to climb into my bed in about 5 minutes.
Keep looking for some more pictures. I will put them on i a few days and if you are lucky, I may even tell you the "dog story".
Take care, Laura
2 comments:
Hey Guys! Sorry your travels are done (for Now!) but glad to hear you're home safe and sound! Assume you still have a home?? ;)
Will still watch for more pics!
Jill
Yes, we still have a home fortunately. What we don't have is luggage. I'm holding out for tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.
Post a Comment