Well son of a gun......i just typed a 45 minute email, then I didn't copy/save, and when i hit send...........the computer went to weird screen and the email is lost. I should have known to copy...........crap, I don't have heart or interest to re-type it.
Basically I am in Holy town.........no meat/alcohol available, so i walked 1.5 kms in the dark last night for beer and met drunk french guy who gave me a ride back to town on a motorcyle and invited 6-7 tourists from around the worldthe get together. We visited till hotel owner had enough and sent us all to bed (and me walking across town to my hotel) relaxing around a Holy lake here...............and talking w/hands to try to communicate w/Holy men...............all kinda religous hippies, as all have long beards(most long hair) and live on the street walking to various Holy places around india living off food handouts from locals/temples.
Funny story, everyone here believes in fate/karma saying that what happenss to you today is a direct result of what you did yesterday. Anyway, I picked a bus seat from a bus diagram for night bus here...and when i got seat the window was broken and only partly covered by a thin board. As the night went on I was freezing from the cold air blowing in and couldn't help but think of the guy I froze out of my sleeper 3 days ago and how a local would say this in why i got only seat w/broken window and was cold.........................was funny and crazy. India had me thinking this for a few moments.
This is such a crazy place nothing makes sense really in how things operate, yet is awesome /friendly, so i don't try to understand, I just enjoy. Well, sorry I think I wrote an entertaining email before telling of last 2 days highlights but it is gone and I am ticked off.
I will go to try and find my Holy man near the lake and buy him a chai as I motion and i speak no Hindi, yet for 30 mins he preached to me randomly by putting hands together/bowing/ and saying word God unique man. 1/2 crazy I think, but spiritual in his beliefs.
Gotta read book.........no idea where next or when I go. I think I'll be walking through the dark 1.5 kms again to the wine shop located in middle of nowhere where everyone just hangs out and drinks. The fruit juices are so tasty and had grilled veggie sandwich yesterday. It was really good (crispy potato patty/cabbage/tomato/onion/garlic/spicy mayo that sits in sun all day.....haha) Yeah still no stomach problems or anything................feeling a but weird now but probably from malaria pill or too much sun. Good buffet restaurant in this town.
gotta go.............Holy man is calling, Sawka
No comments:
Post a Comment